from $157 pp*
Enjoy a grade 3+ Whitewater Rafting experience that combines the heart pumping action of more than 60 rapids with sufficient lower grade water that enables the splendid scenery and ample wildlife to be enjoyed and a chance to take in the commentary from knowledgeable professional guides. Meeting Point at the Rafting Centre on Atirau Road in Turangi or pick up available in Taupo.
|Whitewater Rafting - Ex. Taupo|
|Child (aged 10-16)||$140 pp*|
Tongariro River Rafting
The Tongariro River is one of New Zealand’s most famous rivers and one of the world’s best trout rivers. Between the paddling and excitement you’ll see ancient beech forests, darting rainbow trout, rare whistling blue duck and plenty more. This is a very special wilderness environment.
This half day Tongariro River journey is one of the best rafting adventures in New Zealand. The rapids are Grade 3, which makes this an ideal adventure for expert or first time rafters alike. In two hours you navigate over 60 roller coaster rapids with an expert guide at the helm. A large part the top section of this trip can only be accessed by raft so you’ll see plenty of spectacular unspoiled wilderness.
- Transfers from Taupo/Turangi
- All the Gear / Water Proof Camera in the Raft
- Chocolates / Hot & Cold Drinks / Hot soup and A warm soak in thermal hot pools during Winter Trips
- Children Discounts available for children aged 10 to 14 years.
- Children aged 9 and under are not permitted to do this activity
- Departure Time: 12:00pm – 4:30pm
If you are keen to find out more about this tour or activity, please fill out the details below and one of our Ski Specialists will be in touch soon.