The borders have opened, flight capacity is increasing and mountains are soon to be alive with the sound of FUN! So what can you expect for the 2023 New Zealand Snow season? Get the lowdown.
This is set to be one of the BIGGEST and BUSIEST ski seasons ever
Pent-up demand from snow-mad Aussie travellers has accommodation, car-hire suppliers, and ski resorts predicting that they will sell out early. For example, many car-hire companies have already sold out of 4WD car hire for July. What does this mean for you?
- Book NOW to secure your preferred dates and accommodation;
- Consider a change of scene – Mt Hutt has been voted the best resort in New Zealand 7 years in a row. It’s only a short drive from Christchurch, and the closet town to stay in is Methven;
- Be flexible – if you have some wriggle room with your travel dates, it will go a long way to help you secure your dream holiday;
- Consider spring skiing – with bluebird days and less crowds on the slopes, September can be the best time to visit New Zealand.
There are new age definitions for Queenstown and Mt Hutt ski fields
- Children 5 and under can secure FREE lift passes (used to be age 7 and under);
- Adult is now 16 – 74 years;
- Super Senior is 75+ and is FREE.
Most non-ski activities have to be pre-booked
Due to the predicted demand for all on-mountain services, all lessons and child-minding has to be pre-booked at time of purchase. This goes for all Queenstown, Mt Hutt and Wanaka Ski Fields. We suggest if you are considering lessons or ski kid’s clubs you book early to avoid missing out.
Mountain Transfers are different
This year, the resorts will only offer mountain transfers from selected locations in town, rather than from your accommodation. Also, as with lessons, all transfers will need to pre-booked with the mountain and date at time of purchase.
Ski/Snowboard Lessons in Queenstown and Mt Hutt have changed
- For 2023, there will be full-day lessons only, with these being either 5 hours or 4 hours in length;
- Pricing is the same for Adults as well as Kids.
Your friendly Ski Express Team is here to help you plan your dream New Zealand snow break and answer any questions you have. Contact our team today.